Table of Contents
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This blog post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and go on to buy the product I recommend, I will get a small commission but you will not be charged extra cost more. For more information, please visit my Disclaimer Page. Thank you in advance!
Hello there! Today, I am going to share home products for your kitchen, bedroom, living room, and bathroom based on sustainability and frugality. Thus, I hope you are staying safe and sane in your home reading my post during this COVID-19 lockdown. To be honest, I feel this lockdown is a blessing in disguise for everyone. Why? Simply, because everyone needs a break. I know you need this break too. If you are a mother working from home with kids, that can be a little difficult but staying close with family is the best thing that could happen to anyone. Besides, we all need to stay as positive as we can to endure this pandemic together. So why not, take this chance to learn live frugally and make your home sustainable?
What is a Home Sustainability and Frugality Lifestyle?
A sustainable house is where your home utilizes less energy with conserve resources. Besides, providing a positive impact on the environment, it also helps to ensure a good quality of living.
On the other hand, a frugal lifestyle is where you adopt to live minimally. You simply choose to be cautious with your expenses. However, it does not mean you are being cheap.
A frugal person would ensure the products purchased really worth the price and quality. However, a “cheapskate” would buy the cheapest version of the products. As a result, it would not last long due to its cheap quality.
9 Valuable Frugal Living Tips
- Buy used items such as from antique or second shops.
- Used items are a good way to protect the environment. This is because it doesn’t require new resources or generate pollution.
- Eliminate monthly subscriptions.
- Try to avoid unnecessary subscriptions to save more money.
- Make purchases using the 30-days rule.
- The 30-day rule is when you want to purchase a product but you hold the intention for 30 days. If you still think of it, then proceed to buy it.
- Rent items if you do not use it for the long haul.
- Going out for a special event? Then, why not just rent a gown for that day instead of buying? This is the faster way to save your wallet.
- Buy high-quality items with the best price or discounts.
- Invest in items that would bring great benefits to you. Always double-check the price before purchasing it.
- Practice bartering system
- The barter system has existed for a very long time. It is very easy to practice and you do not have to pay anything in exchange for the products.
- Travel in the off-season and adopt low-cost places to visit.
- Fantasize with all Instagram’s travel photos? Curb your desires and try to visit locally because local tourism also brings a great experience!
- Use coupons and gift cards.
- There are so many coupons and gift cards online that you could use to save your money more. Moreover, in a time of this COVID-19 crisis, you could use these coupons!
- Maximize travel rewards through travel credit cards.
- Have you ever wondered how some people could always fly and enjoy a luxurious trip? They simply do it by collecting travel points on their credit cards!
Benefits of Sustainability & Frugality
- Helps to reduce wastes at home
- Your house will be uncluttered
- Less stress and your mind will be at ease
- Huge positive impact on the environment
- Good for humanity
- You will have more time to invest to do productive tasks
- You will become more generous when you have more money saved
- Able to retire early with a good money-saving plan
- You will prioritize yourself more
- Encourages creativity
How to Make a Sustainable and Frugal Home?
You can integrate sustainable and frugal traits into your home by taking these valuable steps.
- Efficient Lighting
- Energy-efficient LED bulbs are the best option for lighting at your home. On the other hand, incandescent lighting actually wastes a lot of energy. Thus, LED lighting provides a better solution because they are more energy-efficient and lasts longer.
- Energy Efficient Appliances
- Need to save money on your bills? Trying switching to smart products. they offer great energy savings settings and operate under low temperatures. These may help with your bills and also the environment. Examples of smart products are booster water heaters, solar water heaters, and saver bulbs.
- Home Insulation
- In most cold countries, home insulation is used to retain heat during the winter. Good home insulation is needed to maintain generated heat. Furthermore, this could be done cheap using recycled materials too.
- Refrigerator Coils
- Dirty coils cause the compressor to overheat. To avoid this, use a soft-bristled brush a vacuum to dust off the coil. Practice this habit once in a year.
- Solar Panels
- Consider using solar panels for your house. I believe that it may be a little costly but in the long run, it helps to save a lot of energy!
- An organic garden also plays a role in sustainability and frugality. Try planting native plants and spider plants to neutralize the air. Moreover, it is a good way to save money on food too.
- Smart Thermostat
- An automated thermostat functions to adjust your home’s temperature. Hence, this is another solution to saving more energy.
Sustainability and Frugality in Home Accessories/Products
You may want to keep your eyes at its materials. Make sure you investigate the materials whether they are made from natural products. One of them could be products made out of cork or seagrass. Cork materials are biodegradable, recyclable and natural. It may function as good soundproofing if you attempt to do your walls or flooring. Seagrass, on the other hand, is found in the coastal water. It also provides great durability and biodegradable.
Furthermore, make sure that the furniture you chose is sustainably sourced. A good manufacturing process shall use only water. In fact, no other toxic chemicals should be used to process them. Timber, lumber or logs should be sustainably planted and handled in order to manufacture this furniture.
Another great option would be using sustainable materials such as bamboo. Bamboo acts as a water-resistant material and has a natural anti-bacterial effect. You may use bamboo materials in the furniture, walls, flooring or any surfaces to make your home more versatile and unique. Its longevity is guaranteed as it is the most sustainable material ever.
Moreover, you could support handmade products or used items to add some touch to your home decor. Most handmade companies offer fair trade and ethical procedures in making these home accents. On top of that, you may opt-out for recycled home accessories such as vases or recycled rugs. Instead of throwing them away, you may recycle and reuse them. It adds a great impact on the environment too.
Now let’s see all the eco-friendly home products for your living room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom.
Sustainable Home Products for The Living Room
- Sustainable Clock Wood Clock
- Woven Storage Cube
- Seagrass Coffee Table
- Handcrafted Storage Baskets
- Sustainable Bookshelf
- Sustainable Wood Porthole Mirrors
- Handmade Vases
- Cork Pendant Light
- Cork Lamp Shade
- Organic Wool Rug
- Bamboo Lapdesk
- Natural Cotton Curtain
Sustainable Home Products for The Kitchen
- Zero-Waste Eco-Friendly Sponges
- Reusable Produce Bags, Sandwich Bags & Beeswax Food Wrap
- Biodegradable Trash Bags
- Bamboo Kitchen Utensils
- Vegan-friendly Multipurpose Soap
- Toxic-Free Cookware
- Eco-Friendly Non-Slip Rug Pad
- Healthy Bakeware
- Sustainable Bamboo Kitchen Scale
- Washable and Reusable Sponge Cloth
- Eco-Friendly Reusable Silverware
- Sustainably-Sourced Coffee Tumbler
- Kitchen Non-Slip Mat
- Natural Coconut Bowls with Spoons
- Bamboo Kitchen Folding Dish Rack
- Bamboo Cutting Board
- Natural Bamboo Container Set for Sugar and Salt
- Compost Bin with Charcoal Filter
- Kitchen Cabinet Drawer Organizer Stackable Tray Bin
- Bamboo Charcoal Eco-Friendly Air Purifying Bag
Sustainable Home Products for The Bathroom
- Eco-Friedly Bamboo Toothbrush Set
- Antimicrobial Shower Curtain
- Safety Razor with Long Natural Bamboo Handle
- Bamboo and Cotton Bathroom Towels
- Eco-Friendly Washer Balls
- Eco-Friendly Multiuse Toilet Paper
- Toilet Brush – Natural Coconut Fibre Brush
- Bamboo Skincare Cosmetic and Vanity Carousel
- Toilet Tissue Moisturizer
Sustainable Home Products for The Bedroom
We’ve come to an end now! Sustainability and frugality are actually two great elements to lead a successful lifestyle. Moreover, it also helps to make you be more creative, strategize and cautious upon your expenses. I hope you have absorbed great information and transform your life towards a more eco-friendly, sustainable and frugal lifestyle. Of course, everything at your own pace. Please, feel free to share this with your family and friends. Do let me know below at the comments on what other tips you have to lead a minimalist life!
Until next time and thanks for stopping by,