Last updated: October 25, 2020
(“me”, “myself”, or “I”) operate the The Brown Dress website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of my policy regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information when you visit my Site.
I use your Personal Information for providing and improving the Site. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Its Uses
While using my Site, I may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Site by leaving comments, signing up the newsletter, or submitting a contact form. This is the information you voluntarily submit to the Site.
How Your Information May Be Used
This Site may use your information in the following ways:
- For the operation and maintenance of the site
- For promotional newsletter. Each email will provide information on how to unsubscribe from future emails
- For administrative communications
- For responding comments or inquiries- You may choose to leave comments anonymously or if you provide an email address among the personal data, it may be used to send notifications of comments on the same content. Users are responsible for the content of their own comments
- For tracking and measuring advertisements on this Site
- For tracking, measuring, and analyzing statistical performance on this Site
- For security purposes against illegal or unauthorized activities
The Site collects information that your browser sends whenever you visit my Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of this Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. The Site may also collect information about actions taken during the visit to this Site such as clinking on links. This is the information collected automatically by the Site.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
I may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate my Service, to provide the Service on my behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist me in analyzing how my Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on my behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The Site is currently using the following third-party services:
WordPress provides analytics service to this Site which runs by Automattic Inc.
Google Analytics runs by Google Inc. (“Google”). This service tracks the Site usage, prepares reports on its activities, and share them with other Google services. Google Analytics may obtain your IP address, but no other personal information. This service may also use the data to contextualize and personalize ads of its own advertising network.
Mailing List or Newsletter: Mailerlite
Except when required by law, I will not sell, distribute or reveal your email addresses or personal information without your consent.
The security of your Personal Information is important to me, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While I strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To Other Sites
The Site has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
This Site uses affiliate links that link to other websites and applications which is done by embedding tracking links in this Site. Trackable cookies will be placed into your system upon clicking those links for purposes of commissions at no charge for you unless you purchase affiliate products.
- Amazon Affiliates Program– provides sales and marketing services at www.amazon.com. This website generates affiliate links to use for the monetization of this Site.
- Skimlinks-content-to-commerce platform. It helps to monetize editorial content. Skimlinks will convert some of the links to affiliate links which creates tracking cookies in this Site.
This Site may use ads from third-party companies in contents and this creates trackable cookies.
This Site may use anonymous data anytime, which does not identify you alone or combined with data from other parties. This is to provide to other parties for advertising, marketing or other uses. An example of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
These are summarized rights that you have under the data protection law
- The right to access- You may access your personal information by submitting a request via email
- The right to opt-out- You may opt-out from future emails by unsubscribing the emails or notify me via email to remove you personally from the mailing list
- The right to amend- You may contact me via email to amend or update your personal information
- The right to forget- You may request me to forget or erase your data from my system via email
- The right to withdraw consent -You withdraw any consent given in this Site by informing me via email
This Site does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided this Site with Personal Information, please contact me via email. If I discover that a child under 18 has provided me with Personal Information, I will delete such information from my server immediately.